Practices start at the dock at Johnny’s Dock, 1900 East D St in Tacoma. Practices take place during these times:
- Mondays from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Saturdays from 8:30 – 10 a.m.
Please meet at Johnny’s Dock at least 15 minutes before practice time. If you are new, please arrive 20 minutes early so you can sign your waiver and get your gear. If you are new, please email us at email@example.com, so we know to look for you — thank you!
Paddles and life jackets (personal floating devices) are always available. Dress in layers, wear clothes that can get wet and bring a bottle of water.
The first three paddles are free!
Rules for cancelling a practice
The coaches proposed if one of the following conditions exists two hours before a scheduled practice, the practice will be cancelled:
- When there are sustained winds exceeding 14 mph.
- When the temperature is below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (check accuweather for zip code 98421).
- When there is lightning.
- When the air quality is rated Orange (AQI exceeding 100).
- When fewer than 6 paddlers signed up as YES for the practice on Team Cowboy.
At the time of cancellation, Team Cowboy will be updated to reflect the practice is cancelled, and an email will be sent out to all TDBA members. Thank you.
We started the new year by paddling under a full moon on January 1, 2018! Great exercise and fun!
Breast Cancer and Dragon Boating
Did you know that some breast cancer survivors enjoy dragon boating? Learn more about breast cancer and dragon boating in this flyer and on the International Breast Cancer Paddlers’ Commission website, www.IBCPC.com.