- If you have proof of completed vaccination (2nd shot more than 2 weeks prior or Johnson & Johnson shot 2 weeks prior) you do not need to wear a mask. If no proof of completed vaccination you MUST wear a mask.
- As always if you are not feeling well DO NOT come to practice.
Please e-mail your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org or show it to Sheila when you come to practice. You can bring the card or bring a picture on your phone.
- Monday 6 – 7 pm
- Wednesday 6 – 7 pm
- Saturday 9 – 10:30 am
If you are new, please email us at email@example.com, so we know to look for you — thank you!
Don’t worry about coming to practice and keeping up with experienced paddlers, we all began as novices and our coaches will work to teach you technique and scale the practice to your needs. Above all, we love to get out on the water and have fun so come give dragon boating a try!
Saturday practice is generally an endurance paddle. New paddlers are encouraged to attend on Mon or Wed.
Paddles and life jackets are available. Dress in layers, wear clothes that can get wet and bring a bottle of water.
Your first three paddles are free!
Club dues for 2021 are only $50.
Practices start at the dock next to the former Johnny’s Dock restaurant, 1900 East D St in Tacoma.(map it)
Rules for canceling a practice
If one of the following conditions exists two hours before a scheduled practice, the practice will be canceled:
- When there are sustained winds exceeding 14 mph.
- When the temperature is below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (check accuweather for zip code 98421).
- When there is lightning.
- When the air quality is rated Orange (AQI exceeding 100).
- When fewer than 6 paddlers signed up as YES for the practice on Team Cowboy.
At the time of cancellation, Team Cowboy will be updated to reflect the practice is canceled, and an email will be sent out to all TDBA members.